How to effectively lose weight?
Losing weight successfully requires commitment and effort.
Weight loss happens when the calorie burned is greater than the calorie consumed. The total calorie value consumed makes the most difference.
This diet must be a combination of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, etc. as it is important not to just to lose weight but also keep in mind a healthy lifestyle.
How do you really lose weight though and maintain it? It’s not as easy as the guides necessarily tell you, in fact we spoke to the experts over at TrueHealthDiary.com who regular share their expertise in reviews of health and weight loss programs.
There most recent review of Golo Diet (https://truehealthdiary.com/the-golo-diet/) talks about some of the methods that simply are not sustainable.
For successful weight loss, the total calorie intake per day must range between 1000-1500 calories but needs to assure that the total intake doesn’t go below 1,000 calories as the body derives energy from diet or food consumed to perform tasks. Weight reduction of 5-10% over a period of few months is a doable and commendable target weight.
Here are 10 tips which help in healthy and effective weight loss:
- Consume a balanced diet-Consuming a balanced diet consisting of carbs, proteins, fats etc. helps in effective weight loss. Having nutrition filled diet keeps you full for a longer time and prevents you from indulging into foods which add empty or useless calories to your waist line.
- Maintaining a diet and healthy eating diary-When aiming for effective long term weight loss, its important to keep track of your progress, weight gain, weight loss, calories consumed daily, calories burned ,etc help you to monitor your weight and gives you an opportunity to correct a course of action and switch to a more suitable one for effective weight loss results.
- Taking up a physical exercise or activity daily-It’s important to take up an exercise for a minimum half an hour daily. Exercise aids your healthy eating and helps in reducing fat content of your body. Exercise also releases feel good’ hormones in your brain and keeps you positive.
- Eating without distractions-Eating without distractions like TV, phone etc. Allows your brain to register the amount of food you are consuming and ensures you stop once you are full. While watching TV or using our phones, we usually end up consuming more calories than we need as the mind is distracted.
- Eat more home cooked meals: Eating home cooked meals is a way of healthy eating as it usually cooked fresh and you have more control to add the quality and quantity of ingredients in it. home cooked meals are hygienic and free from contamination which makes it a perfect choice for weight watchers.
- Snack Smartly-It’s important to snack in between meals as it keeps your sugar levels stable and prevents you from binging during your main meals. However, it’s important to eat sensibly and swap a healthier snack with an unhealthy one.
- Avoid refined carbs and processed foods-Refined carbs are unhealthy as they are usually without any fiber content and processed foods are usually filled with preservatives which is unhealthy and hampers your weight loss progress.
- Stay Hydrated-Water is life. Water helps in flushing out all the toxins from the body and cleansing your system. water keeps you hydrated to maintain a healthy liquid balance and aids your weight loss progress.
- Avoid added sugar- Avoiding added sugar helps in reducing the calories. Sugar is also bad for your colon health. opt for naturally sweet options like honey or jaggery to avoid Diabetes and other lifestyle disorders that hamper your weight loss program
- Moderation is the Key-checking your serving portions is important as moderation is the key. Both while eating at home or eating out, one should be well-versed with the portion sizes. Please keep the following approximate measurement of portions handy when you are unable to measure your portions:
Golf ball=1/4 cup
Tennis ball-1/2 cup
Baseball= 1 full cup
Healthy eating is a long-term commitment and requires a lot of dedication and commitment.
Achieving weight loss might be easy but the challenge lies in maintaining it and treating it as a way of life. For achieving positive results it’s important to choose a diet plan which is doable and practical.
Diet plans are going to work only if they are in line with our lifestyle. So instead of a fad or crash diets, opt for diets which give you slower yet healthy and assured results. And while you are at it, don’t forget to enjoy life to the fullest. The more you enjoy your life, the better life you will lead.